All Wales Student Assembly, 22/10/11
On 22nd October, 2011, students from around Wales gathered in Cardiff to engage with each other, debate issues, and consider motions put before the Assembly. As this assembly passed a motion forming CAFCC (see: constitution), all subsequent policy motions passed at the Assembly were adopted as CAFCC policy.
Five motions were presented to the assembly, all of which were passed unanimously:
- Campaign Against Fees & Cuts Cymru; which formed the constitution of our organisation, was passed with minor amendment.
- Building inclusive People’s Assemblies; to unite all groups and people resisting cuts, campaigning for human rights, climate change, etc.
- Motion on National Campaigns; which gave full support to Jarrow March For Jobs, November 9th, and November 30th demonstrations, and called for transparency and unity in the anti-cuts movement, and recognition of devolved circumstances.
- Motion on Dale Farm; which condemns the actions of the police and Basildon Council in the eviction of Dale Farm.
- Defend the right to protest; which calls to defend all protesters right to demonstrate, and condemns police brutality.